Ever wondered why it’s so important to be grateful? Well, Forbes has the answer. Gratitude helps us be healthy, social, and resilient. In this article, Amy Morin shares seven specific benefits of being grateful:
- It opens the door to more relationships;
- Being grateful both improves physical health and leads you to treat your body well;
- Gratitude improves psychological health, increasing happiness and reducing depression;
- Being grateful enhances empathy and reduces aggression;
- Taking 15 minutes to be grateful contributes to better sleep;
- Gratitude helps you avoid comparing yourself to others, which improves self-esteem;
- Living with an attitude of gratitude increases mental strength and resilience.
Read more at forbes.com.